Wednesday 3 January 2018

DeerCam


I have never had much luck with catching roe deer on the trail camera.  They usually walk past in the dark, too quickly for the camera to react, so all I get is the back end of a deer as it walks out of the frame.  This time I had set the camera hoping to get nocturnal photos of a badger.  However, this young roe deer found it and was very interested in it. There were ten photos of the deer, in nine of which it was peering intently at the camera.  Unfortunately the camera was facing east and looking directly into the early morning sun, something I hadn't considered when I set it up the previous evening.  The deer is more or less just a silhouette and as the camera takes fairly small jpegs there is a limit to the amount of adjustment I can do.  These were the best I could manage and are probably worth a look.  I'll try again with a different viewpoint and hope the deer is still curious.




No comments:

Post a Comment